The strange adventures of Captain Quinton; being a truthful record of the experiences and escapes of Robert Quinton during his life among the cannibals of the South seas, as set down by himself ([c1912])

fullscreen
Author: Quinton, Robert, b. 1853
Subject: Oceania -- Description and travel
Publisher: New York : The Christian herald
Call number: nrlf_ucb:GLAD-298964
Digitizing sponsor: MSN
Book contributor: University of California Libraries
Collection: cdl; americana

Average Rating: 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars

Reviewer: Donald Anthony - 4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars4.00 out of 5 stars - February 20, 2011
Subject: A Travelogue Still of Interest
Robert Quinton was my father's godfather and was a longtime resident of Berkeley, CA, living with his sister Mary Quinton. Both Quintons died in the 1930s. I read my father's autographed copy of this book as a child and have it on my desk to this day. For a man lacking in much formal education, Captain Quinton was surprisingly good at writing.

Selected metadata

Copyright-evidence-operator: judyjordan
Copyright-region: US
Copyright-evidence: Evidence reported by judyjordan for item strangeadventur00quinrich on May 16, 2007: visible notice of copyright; stated date is 1912.
Copyright-evidence-date: 20070516224114
Scanningcenter: rich
Mediatype: texts
Collection-library: nrlf_ucb